[vdr] Re: Easy convert .vdr files to dvd(mpeg2) ?

Am Sonntag, 20. April 2003 14:13 schrieben Sie:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to "convert" the .vdr File to a mpeg2 File that
> DVD-Authoring-Programs could understand ?
>
> i read so much about demux , decode and then encode and mux the file ,
> but  i really like to know if there is a less complicated and time
> consuming way ? (the vdr file itself seems tp be just the right
> resolution 720X540 for DVD-use and is some kind of mpeg2 , so why
> re-encoding ?)
>
> I tried to use dvb-mplex (-> dvd-mpegtools from metzlerbros.) to just
> remux the vdr-file to a normal dvd-file , but sadly the Audio looses
> sync after a while :-(
>
> so is there a easy method of "remuxing" the vdr-files to normal
> dvd(mpeg2)-files without loosing sync ?
>

> Bye, Markus

I on your place would give pva-strumento a try. The last version can even cut
with cutting marks from vdr, so it should be a one-step work to convert it to
regular mpeg2 with pvastrumento.

I for myself currently try to convert a recording from mpeg => mpeg using
tmpeg or whatever I get to run. mpeg2enc does not give proper output >:(

Anyone successfull converted a concert under linux ? I have tried nearly all
options of mpeg2enc in all combinations but get a blocky output.

I wish I would have a dvd-recorder

Greets

Steffen
--
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we would be so simple we couldn't.