[vdr] R: Re: tech patch for vdr 1.1.27

> Nice to see that parts of my nessy mod are being used by
> users of newer vdr versions ;o))

;)

> > If someone is interested I can send it.
>
> Did you fix the way UNC & BER are calculated? As I didn't have
> a DVB card which supported these two features, I couldn't
> check the implementation I made for these two.

mmmh, no.
I modified slightly the patch itself for latest vdr version.
Anyway I'm eager to know more.
Basically the patch itself add a function to get signal info from dvb card,
is this correct?
It shows on top two bars, in my case one is around 75 and the other 62.
I assume that I've to move the dish until they grow. ;)
What UNC and BER are for?
Please consider that I'm a programmer with almost no background on dvb and
sat problems.
But I have a Fujitsu dvbs card (v.1.6) and I can learn quickly!

> > ps. someone knows if is it possibile to transform it in a plugin?
>
> No, since the routines, which are necessary to access the raw
> values are *not* part of the VDR core (yet?).

Ok, I though so.

I'll offer a public link with the patch asap.

Bye Uberto