[vdr] Re: Merging AutoPID-patch into VDR before 1.2.0 (was: Re: Re: pcr<> vpid)

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 18:35, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

[...]

> I'm currently working towards a _stable_ version 1.2.0, and there's no
> way I'm going to do anything in that area before 1.2.0 - that would only
> unnecessary delay this long overdue version. The only change I will still
> make before 1.2.0 here is setting the PCR-PID.

impatiently waiting for that.

[...]

> This will be done later, after 1.2.0, because for the basic operation
> you don't need that kind of stuff. Once you have a channels.conf VDR
> works just fine (except for some channels that change their PIDs every now
> and then, but the majority of channels is pretty "stable").

The Premiere Direkt, F1 and Sports channels constantly rotate the channels
over a limited number of SID's. It's almost impossible to find a specific
channel now.

[...]

> That's what the "unique channel id" is for. This concept will be further
> improved after 1.2.0. There will also be user defined "favorites" lists,
> in which users can have their own channel numbering.

Using the Source+Nid+Tid+Sid would be unique and should not changes over time.

Andreas