[vdr] Re: Merging AutoPID-patch into VDR before 1.2.0 (was: Re: Re: pcr <> vpid)

Hi Andreas,

> it's using STL, i'm not going to change that and Klaus doesn't want STL in
> vdr's core. Also, the impact of some changes required is rather large and
> there are even some required conceptual changes that i have not yet
> addressed. Short incomplete list of topics:
> - tuning to a transponder without a channel
> - tuning to a channel/service that is not in the channels list - linking

I do have a question about your patch (I'll admit I haven' tried it
yet due to 1.1.17 mod & no time ;o)), will your patch / plugin
be "Astra" only or will you be considering all satellites across
the sky?

Second question: can I *force* a scan?

Third and last question (Klaus maybe?) Can a plugin call a plugin?
Am asking this because it would be interesting (for me) to call
such channel scanner out of my (later TODO) diseqc Plugin.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.