[vdr] Re: Merging AutoPID-patch into VDR before 1.2.0 (was: Re:Re: pcr <> vpid)

Andreas Schultz schrieb:

The all-time automatic update of channels.conf is certainly not what you would want for normal operation. Only NVOD channels and linked services should IMHO be updated dynamicaly.

I've the idea of some kind of service scan (all transponders are scanned for channels, services, EPG, etc.) when there is no use of the VDR-box

The problem would be the line-based sorting of channels.conf (which I'm
praying to skip for a year, now). This could be solved by an additional
field "channel-number" which stores the unique number of the channel
beginning with "1". A new channel simply would get the next free number.

Source+Nid+Tid+Sid uniquely describe a channel, using those and map them to channel numbers should solve your problem.

You got it! ;o)

It's just to decide wether to map them by an additional field in channels.conf or an additional conf-file.

Rene