[vdr] editing and converting VDR recordings

Hello there!

I have a couple of problems here, maybe someone is able to help.

A few days ago I recorded a lot of music videos, all with one recording.
Now I want to edit the whole recording and strip each music to a
seperate file. But I don't know how to edit this ".vdr" file. I tried to
open it with `cinelerra', but this doesn't work. Now, how can I strip my
videos? What program do I need?

And related to that problem there is another interesting question: What
is the recording format of VDR? How can I convert the recordings to
ordinary MPG2 data? Btw, I am using Debian GNU/Linux and I can not use
Windows programs.

Here is something more: If I am using my television for watching TV
everything looks fine. But if I use `xawtv' there are interlaced-like
troubles in the video. Is there any plugin or something else to fix
that?

Thanks a lot.

--
Simon Fuhrmann | NightSlayer at gmx.de | http://www.dismember.de
All people talk about the real life, but where can i download it?