[vdr] Re: vdr cuts recordings with ugly artifacts at cutting-points

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 01:47:00AM +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Using my test recording I compared with cutter2 and found no
> > difference at all. Maybe I don't have a test case for the problem you
> > tried to fix. I'll do lots of cuts the next few days and I'll try
> > both versions.
>
> Here are my test results:
> I cut more than 10 movies using both cutter2 and patched cutter2-exp.
> Then I compared the results and could not see/hear any difference.
> Both work fine.
>
> There are *no* visible artefacts at the cutting points anymore. The
> audio issues are more complicated and should be addressed after 1.2.0.

Yep, I'm also vote for cutter2 because really most of my cuts works.
I've only one problem film (it seems that the crossing to the
commercial isn't fade in/out in this case).  Whereas the cutter2-exp
cause underruns in AC3 streams which cause the A/V receiver to switch
back for a moment from AC3 to LPCM mode.

Btw: IMHO the SetBrokenLink() should also called after an error was detected
     in the TS stream for the case of !synced.  This would avoid the
     ugly artifacts also on an error cause e.g. rain/snow/birds/planes/kids ;^)

        Werner