[vdr] Feature Request : Auto-cut or Auto-cut-marks

Hallo List,

I was thinking about a possibllity to automatically set cut-marks on
recordings.

The first thing that came into my mind (but unfortunatly does not work on
all stations/recordings, but should be possible) was to use the AC3/DD sound
for creating cut-marks. That means a plugin or patch would examine the
recording and at every place where the sound changes from AC3 to DD and the
other way around it would set a mark. One would maybe have to fine adjust
these cut-marks but at least with Pro7 recordings one would not have to
search for beginning an end of commercials ;)
And as far as I know with Premiere 1+2 it would also mark the beginning and
end of the AC3  movies. Wich would also be quite nice.

The second approach is probably much more complicated, but as far as I know
this has been worked on before (probably not for VDR though).
A plugin or patch could search for the Logo of the station in the Video
picture. On Pro7 that would be the 7 and on RTL the RTL Logo. These Logos
disapear wenn Comercials are sent. Again one would probably have to
fineadjust the marks but it would be a lot better than searching for the
commercials on foot :)

I have got no idea how difficult this is but I am sure someone can tell me.
If I could programm myself I would probably take a look at it, but
unfortunatly I can'nt :(

Greetings
Christian