[vdr] Re: Easy convert .vdr files to dvd(mpeg2) ?

Wiljo wrote:
>Some stations (like the ZDF-chain) generate GOPs with more than 15 frames.
>This is not DVD-compliant
>(here the max length is indeed 15 frames for PAL) and some DVD authoring
>programs choke on this.

(OT)
Indeed, this is station-dependent.
Although long GOPs are not "dvd-compliant", all (3) stand-alone dvd players
and all (5) software dvd players which I tested accept these without any
trouble (authored with Ifoedit - don't know if that one works with wine -
I'm using it under windows, shame on me).

Philippe