[vdr] Re: vdr + dxr3 problem

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 05:17, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
> You mean that fast forward and backwards and still frame work on some
> channels?  I assumed it was a general problem with the plugin!

No, the problem is that in some broadcasts the I-Frames are not PES-frame
aligned (which is not required by the standard). VDR and the the latest
dxr3-version assumes that and german streams fulfill that (that's the reason
why it took me so long to find the problem). The fullfeatured DVB card seems
to be able to manage incomplete I-Frames ... the DXR3 card not.
I already talked to Klaus about this problem. A clean solution would require
 a lot of work in VDR and this might take some time. The next version of the
 dxr3-plugin will therefore provide a "quick and dirty" patch for that
 problem.

> In that case - please note that fast forward /backwards and still frame
> does not work for me as well.  I am viewing channels from asiasat2.
>
> Should I report the other problems I see?  (
> a. occasional audio squeeks,

This is a known problem. The frequency is very low so it is hard to find but
 I hope to fix it in the near future. Anyway, it's not nice but I can live
 with it.

> b. osd get 'stuck' sometimes,

This is known, too. It seems to be a driver / micro-code problem. We already
provided a workaround patch for the driver. With that patch at least my
system works quite stable.

> c. pause a replay and then press stop will
> mean no more replays work)

This is new to me. I tried this with my current version and it works. So this
might be fixed in the next version, too.

Have fun,

Kai