[vdr] Re: Recordings ARD

Am Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 22:13 schrieben Sie:
> Hi List,
>
> I have a problem with some recordings from ARD (Das Erste). I notized
> it first with a James Bond Movie some Weeks ago, than with "Reifeprüfung"
> (Dustin Hoffman) and now with "Ben Hur". On the top of the visible
> part of the screen there was a row of white flickering dots like
> the teletext in the black shoulder of the Videosignal. This is no
> problem in VDR, but when I convert such a movie with tosvcd to a
> SVCD and try to replay this in my standalone DVD player the picture
> is shaking from left to right. If I replay this SVCD with the VDR
> Plugin its also no problem. Has anybody seen this too or, even better,
> has a solution how to solve this problem? Is it possible to clip
> (tools available???) the picture before processing to a SVCD to get
> rid of this critical line?

Yes I have seen this line in the Herbert Grönemeyer concert on ARD too. I
would crop it away or black it out. Have a look at the tosvcd source and at
the manpage of yuvscaler, should not be that hard. As far as I know there is
an option to lay a black band on some areals in yuvscaler. (2 or 4 lines
should be save for every recording).

If above is nothing for you you may try TMPEGenc with wine (which I discover
currently just for fun :))

Greets

Steffen