[vdr] Re: shutdown after several records

> Andreas Mair wrote:
>
> I think there's already the feature you requested.
> In the settings menu there's somewhere an option to specify when
> vdr should not shutdown if there's a timer starting in the next X
minutes.
> Sorry that I don't have the exact menu names by hand, but I'm in the
ofice
> now...
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
>
> On Thursday 24 April 2003 07:01, Tobias Faust wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > its possible to add a a new function in the timer-osd? a shutdown
> > function
> > BUt not every record should make a shutdown. Its a useful function
if
> > you make several records  together. The last record should shutdown
> > the vdr (define in timer.conf -> osd).
> >
> > greetings
> > tobias
> > http://mediabox.traffic-eye.de

Indeed there is his option, but this does not help if you don´t use
nvram wakeup.
I had a similar problem: Wanted to record something at 16.00 and left
the house at 8.00. I set the system to shut down after 10 hours of user
inactivity. I think, it would have been better if I was able to add an
timer entry that says 'shut down after this timer' or at least a flag
that you can set or remove.

Jörg