[vdr] Re: [Bug Report] No Recordings visible during ...

> Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> >>
> >> ... an actice cutting or instant recording.
> >>
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> I am pretty satisfied with vdr, so I want to appologize for sorting
out
> >> an additional bug ;-). Perhaps this bugs happens between my hairs
and
> my
> >> fingers ;-)).
> >>
> >> I noticed during an instant recording or an activ cutting process,
that
> >> the list of recordings is empty when looking at it. Of course there
are
> >> recordings prior to that and they are also on the disc if I look
> manualy
> >> in the video folder. After the prozess has finished or the timer
ends
> of
> >> course all the recordings are there again. Nothing lost, but ...
> >>
> >> When duing time shift this is anoying, because you press the
instant
> >> recording buton and you change to the recording list to look again
and
> >> use the live tv pause functionailty youre not able to see anything
of
> >> your recording.
> >>
> >> This happens here with vdr 1.1.25. Has anyone similar experience?
>
> Are you using FAT as video partition ?
>
> I had the same problems with recordings "disappearing" and later
beeing
> there when i used FAT.

This happens on my system with active timer. See the following post from
14 Mar 2003 on this list:

  Yes, all the time when I was using FAT/VFAT partition for my /video.
This might be a problem in glibc seekdir, and there is a kernel patch to
avoid the problem by Trond Myklebust.  I have not tried this as I added
more disk space as /video0/ with reiserfs and the FAT partition is my
/video1/, and the bug does no harm there.

http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/
http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/2.4.20/
http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/2.4.20/linux-2.4.20-05-seekdir.dif

"   A patch that papers over a glibc bug. In glibc-2.2 and above, they
use
the new getdents64() syscall even for the 32-bit readdir. As a result,
they have problems coping with the unsigned 64-bit d_off values that may
get returned by some NFSv3 servers.

    If you are seeing problems involving files that mysteriously
disappear from your directory listings, then please consider applying
this patch.

    NOTE: You might still have to set the '32bitclients' export option
on some IRIX servers. "

Jörg