[vdr] Re: Recordings ARD

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2003 11:19 schrieben Sie:
> At Wednesday, 23 April 2003, you wrote:
> >Am Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 22:13 schrieben Sie:
> >> Hi List,
> >>
> >> I have a problem with some recordings from ARD (Das Erste). I notized
> >> it first with a James Bond Movie some Weeks ago, than with
> >> "Reifeprüfung" (Dustin Hoffman) and now with "Ben Hur". On the top of
> >> the visible part of the screen there was a row of white flickering dots
> >> like the teletext in the black shoulder of the Videosignal. This is no
> >> problem in VDR, but when I convert such a movie with tosvcd to a SVCD
> >> and try to replay this in my standalone DVD player the picture is
> >> shaking from left to right. If I replay this SVCD with the VDR Plugin
> >> its also no problem. Has anybody seen this too or, even
>
> better,
>
> >> has a solution how to solve this problem? Is it possible to clip
> >> (tools available???) the picture before processing to a SVCD to get
> >> rid of this critical line?
> >
> >Yes I have seen this line in the Herbert Grönemeyer concert on ARD
>
> too. I
>
> >would crop it away or black it out. Have a look at the tosvcd source
>
> and at
>
> >the manpage of yuvscaler, should not be that hard. As far as I know
>
> there is
>
> >an option to lay a black band on some areals in yuvscaler. (2 or
>
> 4 lines
>
> >should be save for every recording).
> >
> >If above is nothing for you you may try TMPEGenc with wine (which
>
> I discover
>
> >currently just for fun :))
> >
> >Greets
> >
> >Steffen
>
> Thank you for the tip. After reading the man page of yuvscaler I
> think that could be the solution to set the active region. I'll give
> it a try tonight...
>
> Btw, are you using TMPEGenc Pro with the commandline interface?

I'm currently play a lot with it. that means click around in the free Trial. I
havent tried yet if there is a cli for TMPG. if there is such a possibility
maybe aq combination of batch and bash scripts can do the trick.

> am not very familiar with wine but one year ago I paid for the moonlight
> encoder (elecard) to get rid of the logo in mpeg2 (svcd) recordings
> after TMPEGenc.

You mean the decoder I guess sine the encoder is TmpegEnc ;) Jörg has pointed
me yesterday to an vfp-plugin for mpeg2. I can currently load direct *.vdr
files in TMPEGenc .

> But that was all in MSWindows. All that manual clicking
> was to boaring for me just to convert some videos. But the quality
> of the result was much better than that with the mjpegtools. How
> is this working in wine? Do you need also such an active show filter?

See above. The next possibilty is to use avisynth in the following chain:

pvastrumento (demux) => load mpv in dvd2avi  (save project) => write an
approriate avs-script (avs = avisynth, can do resizing, cropping, deinterlace
and so on) => load the avs in tmpeg and encode. the win-tool dvd2svcd is
doing exactly this automated. Would be interesting if this can be automated
in a similar way with wine or so under linux.

Avisynth is reported to run under wine (haven't made yet an error free script
;)) And the rest see above. Further interesting is http://forum.doom9.org in
the linux forum the posts from madluther.