[vdr] Re: Recordings ARD

Hello Steffen,

> Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2003 11:19 schrieben Sie:
>> At Wednesday, 23 April 2003, you wrote:
>> >Am Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 22:13 schrieben Sie:

>> better,

>> >Yes I have seen this line in the Herbert Grönemeyer concert on ARD
>>
>> too. I
>>
>> >would crop it away or black it out. Have a look at the tosvcd source
>>
>> and at
>>
>> >the manpage of yuvscaler, should not be that hard. As far as I know
>>
>> there is
>>
>> >an option to lay a black band on some areals in yuvscaler. (2 or
>>
>> 4 lines
>>
>> >should be save for every recording).
>> >
>> >If above is nothing for you you may try TMPEGenc with wine (which
>>
>> I discover
>>
>> >currently just for fun :))
>> >
>> >Greets
>> >
>> >Steffen
>>
>> Thank you for the tip. After reading the man page of yuvscaler I
>> think that could be the solution to set the active region. I'll give
>> it a try tonight...

I have tried to play now with the parameter "-w" from tosvcd, which
influences the ACTIVE_REGION Value for yuvscaler, but with no success, or at
least with the success that the picture with the VCD Plugin in VDR is
now without the videotext artefacts (-w1). And that is much better.

But my standaloneplayer has still difficulties to play this movie. I
have found out that the player (GRUNDIG GDV 130) is not switching to
16:9. That means lost area on both sides on the screen. That explains
also why the picture is shaking from left to right. The sync pulses of
the videosignal are disturbed because somthing of the picture content
is going into the horizontal Blanking gap (Austastlücke für Zeilen
rücklauf). I will check this weekend the firmware of this player.
Maybe an update will help. Its downloadable and flashable by a CD.

Kind regards

( I like to here more about your progressing experiments with a chain
to TMPEGenc. If you have real success let us know, please! )

--
-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------
-----                  Günzweg 10, 22393 Hamburg                   -----