[vdr] Re: AutoPID Howto / Changelog

Hi,

On Friday 25 April 2003 15:54, Florian Bartels wrote:
> hi,
>
> a (small) Howto and Changelog for the AutoPID patch would be nice.

I'm not good in writing howto's or Dokus. You can read the change history in
the bk tree at http://vdr.bkbits.net:8080/vdr-pid

> Do I need a special channels.conf, transponders.conf, what is the main

i have droped the transponders.conf for now. it will make a return as starting
point for a transponder scan.

> difference between the original channels.conf and the patched one etc.

the patch extracts and updates all pids (video, audio, ac3, teletext) and the
channel name from the SDT, so the only required fields are the (see vdr.5)
frequency, parameters, source, srate, ca, sid, nid, tid. The original
channels.conf does not contain the nid and tid for all channels. These two
fields are absolutly required for the director mode.

the scanning plugin will use the transponder parameters from the existing
channels.conf, so you can't start with an empty channels.conf for now.

till 1.1.27, director mode was on Menu/Yellow for the portals. Klaus is using
that combination for Live Pause now. You have to use keymacros.conf to map
director mode to a key of your liking, I use: "Yellow    Director".

Hope that helps?

Andreas