[vdr] mplayer, configurable options?

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 01:26:38PM +0200, Juri Haberland wrote:

> please don't reuse an old thread when starting a new one. And a new and

I have done it intentionaly: it's about mplayer.sh... or maybe more
generaly about mplayer plugin...
I'll start a new thread!!!

> more descriptive subject would've been nice, too.

But I could change the subject a little bit ;-)

> Now to your question:
> I'm not quite sure what you want.
> Do you want the script to play 16/9 movies as 16/9 and 4/3 as 4/3? Or do
> you want the script to detect magically what the projector is set for?

What I would like is a configuration option from VDR, or other option
for best guess, like a DVD which is in 16/9 be played in 16/9 and a 4/3
DVD be played in 4/3, and I got some mpg/avi with format not exactly 4/3
nor 16/9, so the best would be to play with the nearest one.

> AC3:
> I don't understand this question, too. Sorry.
> Do you mean that some videos play the sound via the soundcard and some
> via DVB and you want to have that consistant? Or do you want the script
> to play some videos via the soundcard and some via DVB? If the latter,
> on what basis do you decide how to listen to the sound? Just your
> personal taste?

Yes, only the personal taste ;-)

> So many questions ;)

For such great programm...