[vdr] Re: mplayer, configurable options?

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 01:26:38PM +0200, Juri Haberland wrote:

>> Do you want the script to play 16/9 movies as 16/9 and 4/3 as 4/3? Or do
>> you want the script to detect magically what the projector is set for?
>
> What I would like is a configuration option from VDR, or other option
> for best guess, like a DVD which is in 16/9 be played in 16/9 and a 4/3
> DVD be played in 4/3, and I got some mpg/avi with format not exactly 4/3
> nor 16/9, so the best would be to play with the nearest one.

I'm accepting patches :)

>> Do you mean that some videos play the sound via the soundcard and some
>> via DVB and you want to have that consistant? Or do you want the script
>> to play some videos via the soundcard and some via DVB? If the latter,
>> on what basis do you decide how to listen to the sound? Just your
>> personal taste?
>
> Yes, only the personal taste ;-)

Well, I've yet to see an implementation of GoodTaste(tm)! If you have
one, send it over and I'll do a new release of the mplayer.sh ;-)
Seriously, I can see only two ways how to implement this:
- either have the mplayer plugin ask you whether you want to play it via
DVB or soundcard for each file you choose
- or have a list of all files with a second field where you define the
audio output - you don't really want that

Cheers,
Juri