[vdr] DXR3 and AC3 output?

Hi,
Sender: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org

is there a way to get the DXR3 Card to work with the AC3 Sound from VDR?

I tried mplayer and it worked perfectly with non-vdr files (e.g. DVD), but not with vdr-files, there only some errors are diplayed! Then i read that this is a problem with the way the digital audio stream is recorded, some bits aren't what they should be. I believe that the easiest way would be to add an option to record these ac3-audio in a way to make it mplayer-compatible, so it would perhaps be possible to pipe it through mplayer with "vdr -a 'mplayer -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma -'" or something like that.

Has anyone experience with DXR3 an AC3 sound? I searched the Web and the maillinglist for some days now, but haven't found anything which would fit my needs. And I believe that there are a LOT of people with the same problem 8and perhaps a sollution?)

mfg,
Matthias

p.s. sorry if someone gets this message twice, I send it out yesterday, but I got no response, it wasn't even send back to me, so I believe the message was lost somewhere