[vdr] Re: Active Timers and forced shutdown

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:07:54AM +0200, Robert R. Simons wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using vdr-1.1.27, i noticed that, when a user forces VDR to shutdown on
> a recording timer / timer in the near future. VDR sends seems to send
> this timer to the shutdown script.
>
> With nvram-wakeup this leads to a computer that doesn't shut down.
> Still better than one that doesn't wake up, but as my parents will
> probably then shut the computer down manually (probably using the power
> button) this is not the behaviour desired by me.
>
> The behaviour i would like, would be for VDR to send the next timer that
> is at least some minutes (configurable) in the future. This could be
> also realized by deacivating the timers that are being "overridden" by
> the Force Shutdown.

OK,
So it seems nobody needs this feature. But, as i implemented it, i reply
to myself anyway.
I wrote a small patch for vdr-1.1.28
Sender: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org

  http://www.vis.ethz.ch/~robert/VDR/vdr-1.1.28-shutdown.time-0.2.diff.gz

This patch solves the above mentioned problem by using a special
GetNextActiveTimer method on a forced shutdown, which omits timers that
start earlier than wanted (time of shutdown (+EventTimeout)).

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. If it does something undesirable
            please inform me (So i can at least rescue my recordings of
	    next week ).

Greetings Robert
--
Robert R. Simons