[vdr] Re: Minor Bug in VDR 1.1.26, maybe also in 1.1.29?

Jörg Knitter wrote:

> > Jörg Knitter wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Yesterday, I started a recording and went into timeshifting mode by
> > > selecting the file and pressing the green button. Because of other
> > > things I had to do I set the playback to pause mode (key 'down').
> > > Then, I stopped the recording first before I continued playing the
> file.
> > > The result: The recording did not play to the end. I had to stop the
> > > playback and start it again to get it in full length. It seems to
> me,
> > > that when I go into pause mode, the recoding length is not being
> > > updated?
> > >
> > > Sorry, that I still did not update to 1.1.29 to check it there...
> >
> > Take a look at cIndexFile::CatchUp(). In there the index file is
> closed
> > if it hasn't been written for more than MININDEXAGE seconds. Maybe
> this
> > doesn't work as expected in some situations. I have increased that
> time
> > in the past, because I also had that effect, but I would believe that
> > the current value of 5 minutes(!) should be long enough. Nevertheless
> > I think it still happened here once.
>
> I was sure that my break was more than 5 minute :-) If you have a call
> or have to do something else for a few minutes, it´s easy to reach this
> 5 minutes. I agree that you could stop playback in this case, but
> especially in timeshift mode, you might not want to see what coming up

These five minutes are not (or at least shouldn't be) related to whether
you watch or pause replay. When the _recording_ process stops updating the
file, the _replay_ process can stop catching up with it. That's the basic
idea - but apparently there's something wrong in that area...

Klaus