[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-osdteletext-0.3.1

Uwe Ortner wrote:

> Am Sam, 2003-05-03 um 18.07 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Here is a new version of the osdteletext plugin.
> > This release mainly adds support for users with a DXR3 or similar as a primary
> > device.
> >
> > Download it from
> > http://www.wiesweg-online.de/linux/vdr/vdr-osdteletext-0.3.1.tgz
> >
> > Changelog since 0.3:
> > - added support for DXR3 systems. Patches contributed by Kai Moeller
> >   and Sascha Volkenandt, thanks to them.
> > - the "0" if pressed as first digit now switches between current
> >   and last page (as VDR does it with channels)
> > - fixed autosuspend thread
> >

> > Have fun!
> > Marcel
>
> Hello Marcel,
>
> do you also plan to support the autopid patch?
>
> I really miss osdteletext due it doesnt run with the autopid-patch applied :(

A general word about this: the autopid patch is (as far as I can see)
highly experimental and work in progress. Yet many people believe they
absolutely need this! Please be aware that the upcoming official VDR
version 1.2.0 will _not_ contain this patch, so plugin developers should
not change their plugins in a way that _requires_ the autopid patch - unless
they want their plugins _not_ to work with the official VDR version 1.2.0,
or want to maintain two different versions...

Please don't get me wrong: I don't mean to devaluate Andreas' work in that area.
Most likely parts of this will go into VDR after version 1.2.0, when VDR parses
the channel information itself, but right now we should concentrate on getting
VDR version 1.2.0 final and stable.

Just my 2 cents...

Klaus