[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-osdteletext-0.3.1

On Saturday 03 May 2003 20:43, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

[...]

> A general word about this: the autopid patch is (as far as I can see)
> highly experimental and work in progress. Yet many people believe they

that is what i always said, but it look's people are desperate to play with
new toys ;-)

> absolutely need this! Please be aware that the upcoming official VDR
> version 1.2.0 will _not_ contain this patch, so plugin developers should
> not change their plugins in a way that _requires_ the autopid patch -
> unless they want their plugins _not_ to work with the official VDR version
> 1.2.0, or want to maintain two different versions...

/ACK

The patch should not affect plugins. Some changes however have a good chance
of doing just that. Any plugin failure cause by the autopid patch should be
fixed in the autopid patch and _NOT_ in the plugin unless it is truely a bug
of course.

Andreas