[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-osdteletext-0.3.1

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 10:50:34PM +0200, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> Am Samstag, 3. Mai 2003 21:27 schrieb Andreas Kool:
> > > The patch should not affect plugins. Some changes however have a good
> > > chance of doing just that. Any plugin failure cause by the autopid patch
> > > should be fixed in the autopid patch and _NOT_ in the plugin unless it is
> > > truely a bug of course.
> >
> > I *think* the vdr-osdteletext plugin have problems with these horrible
> > TPIDs from the autopid-patch (as i stated yesterday)
> >
> > If you are tuned to a channel with valid TPID, the osdteletext-Plugin
> > works just fine. If you are tuned to a channel with say TPID=471147110815
> > vdr crashes after some minutes.
>
> Apart from the fact that PIDs only have 13 bits, I think that the plugin not
> only will not, but _should_ not contain workarounds for autopid patches.
> It simply gets the pid via channel->TPid() and passes them to the receiver.
> The rest should be completely tranparent to the plugin. It either gets
> teletext data or it does not.
> There may be a bug that shows up only with these strange values, so if this is
> the case I will add an extra check (because a plugin should never segfault
> either ;-) ), however no specific workarounds please!

You are absolutely right!

I only try to force Andreas Schultz to limit the possible Pids to that
13 bit limit - nothing more!

As i stated yesterday, the Autopid-Patch should limit the
possible Pids to the range [0 .. 8191] - or even better:
if the Pid is'nt known, set it to "0" ...

> Marcel

One wish to the osdteletext-Plugin remains:

Could you please reimplement the "-p" Option of the original teletext-Plugin
in a *working* fashion?

I dont like to have the "vtx" directory fixed in my / filesystem!

Ciao,
Andreas
--
Andreas Kool (akool@akool.de * akool@isdn4linux.de * http://www.akool.de)
PGP: 3FBF2411 Fingerprint: B5 35 34 74 25 60 2A 7A  89 06 92 C4 08 BA A5 BD