[vdr] Re: Streamdev 0.0.2 problem

On Sonntag, 4. Mai 2003 14:10 Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> First I got buffer usage -messages up to 100%, then ring buffer overflows.
> The live display froze. I couldn't get any TV picture anymore, changing
> channels didn't work, but the OSD did work. Killing media player didn't
> help. The only way to recover was to restart VDR.

I guess that's because Media Player can't interpret the stream, and therefore
accepts no more data. Inside VDR, the queued data can't be sent, so all
buffers overflow after a short time...

I'll try to investigate this, esp. why currently only mplayer is reported to
playback HTTP faultlessly.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt