[vdr] Re: Streamdev 0.0.2 problem

Am Son, 2003-05-04 um 21.15 schrieb Sascha Volkenandt:
> On Sonntag, 4. Mai 2003 14:10 Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> > First I got buffer usage -messages up to 100%, then ring buffer overflows.
> > The live display froze. I couldn't get any TV picture anymore, changing
> > channels didn't work, but the OSD did work. Killing media player didn't
> > help. The only way to recover was to restart VDR.
>
> I guess that's because Media Player can't interpret the stream, and therefore
> accepts no more data. Inside VDR, the queued data can't be sent, so all
> buffers overflow after a short time...
>
> I'll try to investigate this, esp. why currently only mplayer is reported to
> playback HTTP faultlessly.

Objection!

MPlayer-playback get's heavy artefarcts (errors in decoding slice) when
two machine access the same channel (this can't be a network-problems as
the VDR-server and one client is connected to the switch by 1000Base-T
and the second client by 100Base-T).

As it seems duplicating the packets or opening a new receiver thread
(how did you implement it?) doesn't work properly, while recording and
watching by http works fine.

Rene