[vdr] Re: Streamdev 0.0.2 problem

On Sonntag, 4. Mai 2003 23:17 Rene Bartsch wrote:
> Objection!

Whoops ;)

> MPlayer-playback get's heavy artefarcts (errors in decoding slice) when
> two machine access the same channel (this can't be a network-problems as
> the VDR-server and one client is connected to the switch by 1000Base-T
> and the second client by 100Base-T).

Hey I said it works with mplayer, I didn't say it works with specificly TWO
mplayers. I've thought someone might use only one, or at least three or more,
so two is impossible ;)

Honestly, of course I'll have a look at that as soon as I get a second client
with graphics up and running ;). But are you sure it can't be a network
problem? When I am streaming one channel (Pro7), I have about 3,8-4,5 MB/sec
floating around. But since I don't know much about 1000Base-T and especially
not about mixing 1000 and 100, so I am afraid I cant say for sure anyway.

> As it seems duplicating the packets or opening a new receiver thread
> (how did you implement it?) doesn't work properly, while recording and
> watching by http works fine.

Currently every actual video stream has one receiver delivering the data. This
situation works locally without problems (I can record 3 channels
simultaneously without having artefacts on any of them, and every recording
is a receiver), and I've also recorded a channel locally and watched the same
one on my dxr3-client (that makes two receivers on the same channel)

This makes a lot of mysteries I'll start observing the next days...

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt

P.S.: I've *just* been observing my http stream (displayed by mplayer) begin
to show artifacts, and the server had buffer overflows. Funnily, pausing the
mplayer replay "paused" the live picture as well (?!?). Both the same
channel, and the Server had transfer mode involved (the
two-receivers-at-one-channel situation). So at least now I know what you mean
;)