[vdr] DVB Card seems to be broken - help requested

Hello guy,

yesterday evening my vdr system ran out of service. I had a lot of
trouble while playing arround with some plugins. But after all vdr was
not able to start anymore. Also my system fan went broken. So perhaps
this trouble is affected by a heat problem.

In /var/log/messages vdr reports the following:
May  6 07:14:28 medio vdr[2341]: probing /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
May  6 07:14:28 medio vdr[2341]: ERROR: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:
Permission denied
May  6 07:14:28 medio vdr[2341]: no DVB device found

The device section looks as the following:
crw-rw----    1 vdr      vdrdaem  250,   1 May  6 07:16
/dev/dvb/adapter0/audio0
crw-rw----    1 vdr      vdrdaem  250,   6 May  6 07:16
/dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0
crw-rw----    1 vdr      vdrdaem  250,   4 May  6 07:16
/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
crw-rw----    1 vdr      vdrdaem  250,   5 May  6 07:16
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
crw-rw----    1 vdr      vdrdaem  250,   3 May  6 07:16
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
crw-rw----    1 vdr      vdrdaem  250,   7 May  6 07:16
/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0
crw-rw----    1 vdr      vdrdaem  250,   8 May  6 07:16
/dev/dvb/adapter0/osd0
crw-rw----    1 vdr      vdrdaem  250,   0 May  6 07:16
/dev/dvb/adapter0/video0

When I start the DVB driver the Convergence string is visible on TV, but
of course the screen stays black when vdr starts. Has anyone of the
hardware professionals a hint for me whats wrong with my
card/system/linux installation... ?

This morning I build the driver once more (make clean; make all;
./makedev.napi; make insmod). Same problem!

Any hints? I would appreciate a message like "Dont worry, just change
... in your setting and everything runs fine again ;-)), because a DVB
card is exensive.
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com