[vdr] Re: Building VDR for North America

Wiljo Heinen schrieb:
"Stefaan Coddé" wrote:

Andrey Vlassov wrote:

I am interested in building VDR but stable on missing information
regarding North America region.
3. Of course, if I were living in the US, I'd prefer ATSC (hmm... correct
acronym??). Which is also MPEG2--based but often in a higher resolution
(HDTV) and quality. But then - VDR probably won't run with the necessary
cards.

The TT-based cards do not support HDTV-solutions. But this could be easily solved by a software-based A/V-backend for VDR.

So you additionally need to adapt DVB-driver for ATSC-tuner-based low-budgets.

Rene