[vdr] DVB-T based systems - does anyone have one that really is usable?

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest - I am at my wit's end trying to get something reliably useful out of vdr
with DVB-T card(s).

I have mentioned before the change channel a few times and then the screen goes blank problem, but I also
have the "one minute you're watching TV, the next a recording starts, so vdr restarts... then again and again".
I bought a new PC; put my DVB-T and Nova cards physically as far apart as possible (three slots between);
ran separate aerial cables from separate sockets on the distribution amplifier to each card; currently running 1.1.28
with the driver of that day; umm, everything I can think of. But still I have the black screen issue and the
problem with recordings starting.

SO, DOES ANYONE HAVE A DVB-T SETUP THAT REALLY DOES WORK RELIABLY ? If so, how ?

John