[vdr] Re: DVB subtitling

Hello Jan,

JE> Hi,

JE> Has anyone worked on implementing DVB subtitles as a plugin for VDR? Not
JE> teletext ones, but the "real" ones, as defined in ETSI 300 743. I'd be
JE> interested in helping out and at the same time learn some DVB technology.
JE> Has anyone started upon such a quest or know of some old dead/dying
JE> project?

JE> Regards,
JE>     Chakie

JE> --
JE>          In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
JE>                                         -- Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

Well i have start something, i am thinking about it, but as i am not
good in c++ and programing i need a lot of time, but i need that OSD
Subtitles(as i call them) so :)), and that osd subtitle should do:
If i watch RTL2 and moive has started(which have subtitle on .sub or
.srt format nto start it and show in OSD place(where show info of
channe) and when comercial start to pause that osd subtitle :), but as
i have sed i am newbie in all of this so who know when i will finish
it mybe someone with  big expirience can do this :)
c u

Adis Salcin,
IT Computers - Service
www.itcomputers.ba