[vdr] Re: AW: Re: WG: analogtv-0.5.0 & vdr-1.1.30 problem

On Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2003 18:20 Alexander Damhuis wrote:
> Is this a flame ...or how do I have to understand this?

I'm sorry for the rough tone, and it was not supposed to be a flame.

I am simply suggesting to actually read the README's. There's a lot of
information in them mostly, especially when it comes to the analogtv-plugin.
I have been in contact with it's developer when it was initially released, so
I understand why all the steps described in the README are necessary to make
analogtv work cleanly. Since I'm a developer myself, and I sometimes feel I'm
re-writing my own README when answering some questions on them.

Some questions would not be necessary, as this list is quite complex already
(and still growing), which is not bad. But in my opinion it should be
possible to use all available Documentation first (especially as those
README's are usually pretty short) before setting a post here.

As an additional suggestion, there is an IRC-Channel #linuxdvb on EFnet, where
most problems can be solved ad-hoc, which is also far more convenient than
searching logfiles etc. and compile a detailed mail just to be told that
something went wrong in the very beginning of the problem ;)

Another thing is the netiquette regarding top-posts. It is very hard to read
the answer before the question. The established vdr- and plugin-developers
show the right was to quote - please look at it and try to do so as well.

If I wish to do a flame, I would not suggest a solution right inside of it
(which I did by pointing out that mp1e must not be installed for analogtv). I
apologize for the rough tone, again, but I think writing documentation is a
bad job after coding a plugin (which is fun *g*). Therefore I'd like to see
it used.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt