[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Client/Server Streaming (vdr-streamdev-0.0.3beta1)

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:16:24PM +0200, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> This is intermediate beta release 0.0.3beta1 - things should be better now but
> don't blame me if things are worse ;)))
>
> Please report any bugs that changed and didn't change since 0.0.2 !!!

Hi Sascha :)

Just thought I'd check in with a little 'issue' - I'm not sure if it's a
bug in your plugin, though...

I've been using the VideoLAN client 0.5.3 from www.videolan.org - it's
generally and excellent client and does not rely on Windows 'codecs' -
it does everything internally, written from the specification documents,
rather than being based on sample files...

The problem is when I access a stream using the HTTP server of your
plugin, I hear no sound.

However, if I use the same Windows machine, 'wget' a few seconds of
data, and play this with Windows Media Player (6.4) the sound is there,
and in perfect sync...

I find it very difficult to believe that the VideoLAN client is broken
due to the MPEG PS being interpreted wrongly, and we all know how choosy
WMP can be in playing certain files...

Given that there's a VideoLAN client available for Linux and Windows,
would you mind giving it a go at your end?

Cheers,
Gavin.