[vdr] Re: EPG for UK users?

At 00:13 09/05/2003, you wrote:
Anyone,

What's the current status of this? A look through the list archives brought up the
tvtv.de plugin + some hacks...

If you have a working EPG interface for Freeview in the UK, would you mind sending me
some details, then perhaps we can get some actual docs written for it? :)
I believe xmltv2vdr is supposed to do this just that quite nicely. It uses the free ananova.co.uk XML dump which provides 5 days worth of EPG data.

From the announce message (on the vdr list on the 1st of May):
xmltv2vdr version 1.0.3 has now been released on the VDR FTP site. This
tool allows EPG information to be read from the xmltv site which carries
listings for Germany, Finland, US, New Zealand, UK and Sweden/Norway

This is helpful if you cannot get much information from your DVB stream.
Full instructions are included in the tar file.

It can be found at: -

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Tools/xmltv2vdr-1.0.3.tar.gz