[vdr] Re: [patch] Record DVB subtitles (vdr-1.1.30)

Hi,

Rantanen Teemu wrote:

let's hope we get the subtitles-plugin to support subtitles from recordings
soon. I *think* this shouldn't break anything, at least you can still watch
recordings without the patch, and using other players too. But if it does,
don't blame me, this is quite experimental currently :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you cannot record two subtitle-streams
into a PES stream. One way to get around this would be to add an option to
do recordings as a TS stream. I think this would solve the similar problem
with multi-language ac3 streams too.
On DVD's this is solved for AC3 and DVD subtitles by hidding the data in private PS packets (0x000001ba). For subtiles, the first byte of the payload is then used to indicate the substream followed by the actual subtitles data. For AC3 data, the first 4 bytes are used for additional information followed by the actual AC3 frame.
Recording AC3 streams in this way would currently break AC3 in vdr's recordings, although the AC3overDVB patch would fix it.

Andreas