[vdr] Re: [patch] Record DVB subtitles (vdr-1.1.30)

--On den 9 maj 2003 12:08 +0200 Andreas Schultz <aschultz@warp10.net> wrote:

Rantanen Teemu wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you cannot record two
subtitle-streams into a PES stream. One way to get around this would be
to add an option to do recordings as a TS stream. I think this would
solve the similar problem with multi-language ac3 streams too.
On DVD's this is solved for AC3 and DVD subtitles by hidding the data in
private PS packets (0x000001ba).
(Don't you mean 0x000001bd?)

For subtiles, the first byte of the
payload is then used to indicate the substream followed by the actual
subtitles data. For AC3 data, the first 4 bytes are used for additional
information followed by the actual AC3 frame. Recording AC3 streams in
this way would currently break AC3 in vdr's recordings, although the
AC3overDVB patch would fix it.
Yes, I use this is in the ttxtsubs plugin+patch to extract
recorded teletext data from the PES files (0x10 to 0x1f is
teletext). I agree that this method should preferably be
used for EN 300 743 subtitles too, I believe it should be 0x20
for those. (This also means that you can record them just by
setting the DPID1 to the subtitles PID, nice for testing.)

It would be nice with a general way to do this in VDR in the
future so that not everyone needs to patch the same methods.
Pekka sent me an email suggesting that we should work on a
common API for things like this, this data muxing/demuxing is
one issuem, OSD sharing is another. Hopefully we will get
Klaus involved too sooner or later.

/ragge