[vdr] Re: cReceivers in plugins

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > If no channel switch happens, what's the point in attaching a cReceiver?
>
> There is point in attaching a cReceiver,

Is there a "no" missing here? ;-)

> but there are good reasons to
> attach cPlayer classes which could IMHO suffer from the same problem.
> After all, there are people who use DXR3 based systems as vdr player or
> network stream receiver devices.
>
> > The clean way _is_ to implement a cStatus class and monitor the device(s)
> > there.
>
> maybe, but i don't think a ChannelSwitch event should count or be used
> as a "this device i alive" indication.

Well, as long as we're talking about cReceivers, it _is_!
However, you may have a point with cPlayers. So I guess it won't hurt
to add another function to cPlugin which gets called (once) after everything has
been set up. All we need for this is a good name ;-) Since Start() is already
in use for what you previously called the "initialisation" step, just using
Initialize() for the first step and Start() for the second would break existing
plugins that implement cDevices. OTOH Initialize()/Start() is probably the best
combination of names, so maybe we should do it that way an live with the fact
that some plugins will have to be adapted...

Klaus