[vdr] Re: cReceivers in plugins

On Freitag, 9. Mai 2003 12:41 Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Well, as long as we're talking about cReceivers, it _is_!
> However, you may have a point with cPlayers. So I guess it won't hurt
> to add another function to cPlugin which gets called (once) after
> everything has been set up. All we need for this is a good name ;-) Since
> Start() is already in use for what you previously called the
> "initialisation" step, just using Initialize() for the first step and
> Start() for the second would break existing plugins that implement
> cDevices. OTOH Initialize()/Start() is probably the best combination of
> names, so maybe we should do it that way an live with the fact that some
> plugins will have to be adapted...

I guess there aren't many cDevice-PlugIns out there at this time, and those
are being well-maintained (dxr3, streamdev, any missing?), so IMO it should
be no problem to have them adapted shortly.

In fact, this new feature would also solve some other (minor) problems. I had
to make sure that the primary device (dxr3) plugin is placed before any input
devices in the commandline (if there's no dvb hardware present), I guess that
will not be necessary anymore ;)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt