[vdr] Re: Remote Plugin/DVB-Driver problem

Oliver Endriss wrote:

and vdr didn't start. Is the line in the README outdated?

No, but it is referring to the Makefile of the original driver package and not to weird mini-distributions. ;-)
But they are very easy to use -if you don't need any special features-.
Months ago I tried a complete distri and was fiddeling weeks just to compile
vdr, in the end it was not runnig stable.
Now I'm fiddeling with the minidistris ;-)

The "rcdvbload" file of the DVB driver plugin:
#!/bin/sh
insmod videodev
insmod compat
insmod dvb-core
#insmod i2c-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
insmod i2c-core
insmod dvb_i2c
insmod dvb_filter
insmod dvb_demux
insmod dmxdev
#insmod dvbdev
insmod dvb_net
insmod dvb_ksyms
insmod alps_bsrv2
insmod alps_tdmb7
insmod alps_tdlb7
insmod grundig_29504-401
insmod grundig_29504-491
insmod stv0299
insmod ves1820
insmod input
insmod evdev
insmod dvb-ttpci.o av7110_ir_debug=1
insmod dvb_frontend
insmod saa7146_v4l
insmod av7110
insmod av7110_ir

I guess there is something wrong here. Please post the original file.
(Apparently your distribution loads the driver in a non-standard way.)
The original File: Cut the rest of the line including ".o av7110_ir_debug=1"

Jörg.