[vdr] Re: Remote Plugin/DVB-Driver problem

Joerg Schneide wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> >>and vdr didn't start. Is the line in the README outdated?
> >
> > No, but it is referring to the Makefile of the original driver
> > package and not to weird mini-distributions. ;-)
>
> But they are very easy to use -if you don't need any special
> features-. Months ago I tried a complete distri and was fiddeling
> weeks just to compile vdr, in the end it was not runnig stable.
> Now I'm fiddeling with the minidistris ;-)

Mini-distris are ok if you can use them 'as is'.
Problems arise if you need to compile something.

> >>The "rcdvbload" file of the DVB driver plugin:
> >>-------------------------------------------------
> >>[...]
> >>insmod dvb-ttpci.o av7110_ir_debug=1
> >>insmod dvb_frontend
> >>insmod saa7146_v4l
> >>insmod av7110
> >>insmod av7110_ir
> >
> > I guess there is something wrong here. Please post the original
> > file. (Apparently your distribution loads the driver in a
> > non-standard way.)
>
> The original File: Cut the rest of the line including ".o
> av7110_ir_debug=1"

Ok, try the line without the '.o' suffix:
  insmod dvb-ttpci av7110_ir_debug=1
This should work.

Hmm, the lines containing saa7146_v4l, av7110 and av7110_ir should not
be required. dvb-ttpci already contains these modules (in the standard
driver package ;-)

Oliver