[vdr] Re: Shutdown frontend for saving power and heat

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rene Bartsch" <ml@bartschnet.de>

> Am Son, 2003-05-11 um 19.17 schrieb Reinhard Walter Buchner:
> > Sorry. Measurements and conclusions out of the topmost
> > method are IMHO totally useless.
>
> Agree. And you forgot to mention the sinus influenced by DC-devices (the
> reason why we got PFC in the PSUs).
>
> So Christian Vogt could do his measurements DC-based on the card(s). But
> be careful not to fry them! ;o)

Well, I'd be happy if i could do this. For the direct measurements at the
cards like Reinhard suggested, one will need some equipment for several
tenth' of kilo-euros ;-)

But again: I don't think we do not neccessarily need such a detailed power
consumption study of the card itself. All we want is to lower the
consumption of the complete system, so it's seems to me a good compromize to
measure and compare the average power dissipation of the complete system.

Christian