[vdr] Re: ERROR: unexpected tag while reading EPG data: c

Rene Bartsch wrote:
> Am Son, 2003-05-11 um 18.12 schrieb Oliver Endriss:
> > Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > > I've posted that oops several times with several driver versions
> > > for a year now on linux-dvb, but nothing improved!
> >
> > Someone who encountered this problem has to debug it and send a
> > patch. Otherwise it will never be fixed.
> >
> > Sorry, if you are the only one with this problem *you* have to fix
> > it. Sending an oops report just gives a hint where to start
> > debugging.
>
> Yes, but my problems are
>
> a) only very limited access to that VDR-box
>
> b) I'm no C/C++-programmer (but I can tell you something about
> modularization (to avoide side-effects) and draw you some nice
> flow-charts of your planned software ;o) )
>
> and c) I don't like pointers as a lot of guys use them but only very
> few can really handle them.

You don't have to be a great C programmer to put some printk's into the
source code.

> Maybe that bug is related to the high-memory problem reported on the
> linuxdvb-ML (although the machine has only 32 MB)?

Don't think so. 'High memory' is kernel configuration option, iirc for
machines with more than 4GB memory. This should be pointless for most
vdr users.

> > The API is compatible. The path to the include files has changed of
> > course. The kernel driver is the developer version, while HEAD is
> > the stable one. Therefore, only bug fixes and minor improvements
> > will be applied to the HEAD driver.
> >
> > > I compiled and installed dvb-kernel-CVS from 2003-05-08 on a box
> > > and compiled VDR against DVB-Head 2003-04-27 from your ftp.
> > >
> > > In a 15-minute test VDR worked fine except remote-control (maybe
> > > handling the IR-codes has changed in dvb-kernel, I had no time to
> > > test new keymaps).
> >
> > You don't need new keymaps.
> > All remote control stuff should work as before.
>
> The remote did not work. I didn't test av7110_ir_debug, but there was
> no reaction from VDR on the remote (only on keyboard).
> Compile-options on VDR have been VFAT=1 and NO_KBD=1 (using your
> remote-plugin 0.1.0).

It works, I'm running dvb-kernel right now ;-)
Maybe you did not load the keymap because av7110_loadkeys or the keymap
could not be found or something like this.

> Could it be a problem that I ran dvb-kernel driver while VDR has been
> compiled with DVB-Head?

No, I always compile vdr against HEAD and use the same vdr binary both
for HEAD and dvb-kernel. This approach works because the API has not
been changed.

Oliver