[vdr] Re: Feature request: Using different colours for timers

Am Mon, 2003-05-12 um 10.08 schrieb Ralf Klueber:
> Hello guys,
>
> I missed severall recordings at the weekend because of a full disc. So I
> had an idea for an VDR enhancement. It would be great, if the lines in
> the timers menu are coloured (white, yellow, red) accourding to the
> available disc space for each timer.
>
> - If enough disc space is available to record the recording
>   it should be coloured white.
> - If one older recording must (and could) be deleted
>   accourding priority and lifetime the timer should be
>   coloured yellow.
> - If the timer could not be recorded because of not enough
>   disc space it should be coloured red.
>
> The timers have a order regarding the time they start. So the list
> should take into account, that f.e. if the third recording is done
> somewhere in the future the secound and the first one are already
> recorded and occupying disc space. The disc space could be estimated
> roughly by 1GB/30min or better calculated regarding the solution of the
> channel (at the moment, question: Is that changing over time?), if AC3
> is recorded, ...
>
> One open question is how the disc space should be calculated if
> recordings are overlapping on multiple card systems.
>
> What do you mean? Is that an enhancement which is worth to be
> implemented?

would also be nice to have the recording summary (movie info) available
during replay. Right now I have to go to the recording menu to get this
info ...

BTW: how can I change the recording name from within vdr (I thought the
arrow keys would work as they do with editing the channel names)

uwe