[vdr] Re: Error with dumb card

Hello Klaus

Looks like a problem with the new way VDR tries to keep the current
channel active on the primary device. It assumes that the primary
device is able to actually replay something, which in your case is
not true.

Please try changing the line

        if (!cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->HasProgramme()) {

in VDR/vdr.c into

        if (!cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->HasProgramme() && cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->HasDecoder()) {

This will prevent a primary device that can't actually replay or show live video
from continuously trying to set the channel.

Please let me know if this fixes it.
Well it helped one was - i.e. I got rid of the continuous "switching to..." messages. But nonetheless I was not able to do any recording.

To be sure that everything else works ok I replaced the dumb card with
a Nexus-S - and recording worked without any other change.

regards
Wolfgang