[vdr] Re: DVB-T based systems - does anyone have one that really is usable ?

At 19:25 12/05/2003, you wrote:
I doubt that it has something to do with EPG per se. The EPG scan just
happens to tune to all possible channels and is therefore more likely to
hit the bug. IMO it is a tuning bug - not a EPG problem.
By the way: reloading dvb-ttpci.o gets the card going again.
Interesting. Yes, it appears to be a demux bug. I've looked at changes in av7110* and saa7146* between old and newstruct and changes are very minimal. Reworking them doesn't fix it.

I have up to this point always excluded from checking anything else but specific av7110 stuff, because dxr3's don't have this problem . Am I right in assuming dxr3 with vdr does not use linux-dvb drivers at all. There is an em8300 but it's not used, right? This has caught me out before, was I always thought "hang on, dxr3's don't have this problem, but use the same base code so it's av7110 specific". I was wrong all along I guess...

If that is the case - well, a bit of an inferno really, because then it's most likely to be one of dmxdev.c, dvb_demux.c, dvb_filter.c or dvb_frontend.c and they have changed quite considerably. If anyone has ideas how to pin-point this with anything better than trial and error, please let me know.

- Gregor