[vdr] Re: DVB over emu10k1 !?

Hi

On Mon, 12 May 2003 19:19:25 +0200
Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg@gmx.de> wrote:

I think the cleanest way would be to integrate liba52/a52dec into a
plugin like bitstreamout. The emu10k1 OSS driver easily allows direct
output to 6 channels.
I would try something like this if I had my emu10k1 plugged into my
VDR box.

Marcel
Thats very closed, if one makes the work, why not thake care
of letting more people benefit:

We "only" need the stream from bitstreamout.
If one would directly incorporate liba52 into it, you
would stick to OSS and it would probably be illegal.
Also other things mplayer would make possible
(like lirc volumecontrol,audiofilters) would'n be available.

And i guess it would even be easier to just put out the stream.
unfortunately i cant C/C++, and my tries on bitreamout failed...
Not to mention that no legal problems arise that way.

So if anybody knows enough c++ to write that stream to
file/pipe instead of the spdif of an alsa card, while not breaking
the alsa sync code of bitstreamout :-) it would help ...

Also it could become _much_ easier to make divx with ac3, since
a filewriter plugin could write the ac3 to a seperate folder with its own index.vdr, or an offsetvalue to the original vdr recording, which
could be parsed by scripts to multiplay it into the divx after encoding.
But thats part 2 of my wishes :-)

Regards
Onno