[vdr] Recording DVB subtitles

I'm scratching my head with getting VDR to record DVB subtitles. I've comed to a conclusion that it's not possible to have both AC3 and DVB subtitles recording with the current pes remultiplexing system.

Teletext subtitles recoding does work but that's because the packets are smaller than the vdr ipacks (2048 bytes) so you can detect subtitling packets by looking for the data identifier inside the pes payload. DVB subtitles packets are usually 10-20kb so you can detect the first ipack but not the following ones.

Is this correct or have I missed something? Any ideas how to make this work?

If there's no solution then DVB recording patch will disable AC3 recording... Not a problem for me but some satellite/pay-tv watcher may not like that.

-- pekka