[vdr] Re: 1.1.31 and volume

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Andreas Kool wrote:

>On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:53:24PM +0300, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried 1.1.31 today along with DVB drivers from CVS. All seems to work
>> quite nicely, lip sync is a lot better than it was a while ago (even
>> without the extra PID:s in channels.conf). No crashes nor any weird
>> behviour during one evening of recordings and watching.
>>
>> However, I did notice that the volume seems to be way down now. I had to
>> pull it up a lot when watching both live TV and recordings, compared to
>> what I've used before. Thinking about it, I think this is more an issue
>> with the DVB drivers than VDR. Anyway, someone else noticed the same? This
>> is with a Hauppauge DVB-c card and audio directly out from the card.
>> Anyone else experienced the same though?
>
>Please send a
>
># lspci -vn | grep -A3 0480
>
>to the linux-dvb list.

Well, I feel like a dork, my wife had accidentally managed to change the
master volume from within VDR, so of course it was lower. I've got so used
to over the years that the volume is fully controlled using the amplifier,
all TV:s etc are muted, so I never even thought about VDR's own volume
settings.

I'm sorry for the alarm...

--
        Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man