[vdr] Re: Shutdown after Recording - is that a bug ?

Hallo,

> >> recording, there was
> >> during the week
> >> run for some
> >>
> >> Yes, thats true :)
> >>
> >> But 300 means 300 Minutes and that is 5 Hours. Between Start
> >> and Shutdown
> >> there was only about 35 Minutes !?
> >>
> >> What strook me after sending the first mail is that there is 3 seconds
> >> between the last recording and the shutdown. Maybee the 300
> >> is miscalculated
> >> to be 3 seconds !?
> >>
> No.
> The MinUserInactivity isn't taken into account if no user action was
> takes the whole time...
> IIRC instead the MinEventTimeout value is used?!

OK, I think i have found a bug ! Or it is a Feature that one should be able
to control ;)

Here is the part of the Manual.

  Min. event timeout = 30
  Min. user inactivity = 120
                         If the command line option '-s' has been set, VDR
will
                         automatically shutdown the computer if the next
timer
                         event is at least MinEventTimeout minutes in the
future,
                         and the user has been inactive for at least
                         MinUserInactivity minutes. Setting
MinUserInactivity
                         to 0 disables the automatic shutdown, while still
                         retaining the possibility to manually shutdown the
                         computer.

"-s" ist set, now set to the following : "MinUserInactivity = 240" and
"MinEventTimeout = 90".
Reading this would mean that after 4 Hours VDR would shutdown if there was
no recording within the next 90 min.

This did _not_ happen here and it does the same thing every day when
recording ! The PC Started before the recording and after finishing the
Recording it does a shutdown if there is no recording in the next 90 min.
and it does not take MinUserActivity into account !!

This is a bit annoying as I in the evening record the News and watches it
30-40 min. after it has finished recording. But then VDR is shut down
because no one touched the remotecontrol while it was recording :(

It would be nice if this was controllable. Maybe an option which makes one
able to sets this behaveour as it is now or as it is Documented to be.
Default could be like it is now.

Greetings
Christian