[vdr] Re: Problems Recording some FTA.

DOm wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I have some little audio-glitches in live view while recording a FTA
> channel like RAI UNO or RAI DUE on hotbird.
> The resulting recording is fine, the problem occurs only when I view
> live the channel i'm recording.
> Another thing, if i switch channel after start recording and switch back
> to the same channel the audio glitches are gone away.
>
> I currently use vanilla vdr-1.1.31 and DVB suggested by Klaus.
>
> Please let me know if the explaination is not detailed enough.

I guess what's happening here is that when you start recording the
original channel automatically goes into Transfer Mode and there is
too little data in the buffer.

You could try activating the code marked

        //XXX+ Maybe we need this to avoid "buffer empty" log messages from the driver.
        //XXX+ But then again, it appears to play just fine without this...

in transfer.c.

Klaus